“What can I do? Where do I start?”
Getting involved doesn’t need to take up a significant amount of time. Whether you simply share a story about financial preparedness or legislation or volunteer to educate, it’s up to you on your level of involvement. Here are a few tips to get you started:
– “Like” Financial Ready Utah on Facebook
– Follow us on Twitter
– Educate community groups about “What’s At Stake?” The AICPA has a multimedia presentation called What’s At Stake?
– Lend your expertise to one of your municipal governments. Offer to volunteer for a budget or finance committee.
– Contact your legislators and encourage them to support the creation of a fiscal responsibility task force.
– Write to the governor thanking him for setting an example of fiscal responsibility in our state and encouraging him to continue to work to find solutions to our fiscal challenges.